Sunday, May 23, 2010

A lovely lunch and 2/3 chance of brown eyes

Today I met up with some lovely Bump ladies right outside of Chicago. We had lunch at Maggiano's and chatted for a while. This will likely be the last get together that I coordinate, but I hope that one of them will continue because they are so much fun and so therapeutic! Mari2003, wi-mommy-hopeful, magnolia_femme, kthappy76, ermaderma, and ishka338 were there. Unfortunately we forgot to take a photo again.

Marissa (wi-mommy-hopeful) was so kind to give me this adorable baby blanket as a little congratulations present. I have it across my lap right now as I type, I love it! Thank you, hun!



I found this fun website yesterday (Eye color calculator) which lets you input the color of your eyes, and your parents', to calculate the probably of each eye color in your babies.



We have a 67% chance of having a baby with brown eyes, 23% chance of green eyes, and 10% change of blue. I encourage you to try this out, it was a lot of fun! I actually had to call my mom to ask what my dad's eye color is LOL. I was a bit embarrassed.

6 words of geekdom:

Marissa said...

It was so great to see you again! Finally nice to congratulate you in person! And I am glad you like the blanket!!!!

Amanda said...

what was dads? haha, i'm awful too! and is moms green? i wanna try and see if our kids came out right :)

mchupie said...

Dad is hazel, which apparently is blue genetically, and Mom is green. Have fun!

Caroline said...

My pregnancy book says that the brown eye gene covers hazel, and the blue eye gene covers gray and light green

Amanda said...

Our kids have 16% chance of blue eyes, and so far we're 2 for 2 :)

mchupie said...

C, interesting! I might have to try it again, then.

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...