I've always been a bit
Being smart with money and saving as much of it as possible is really important to me. Now that Carina is showing an interest in counting and numbers, I was excited to learn that PNC Bank has recently launched a fun, friendly, and free online learning experience to help little ones learn about saving! With interactive activities that explore the concepts of spending, sharing, and saving, I think it will be really easy (and entertaining!) to help her develop strong financial skills from an early age.
The ‘S’ is For Savings Account is designed for children and parents to use together in a lap-learning fashion. With the assistance of their favorite Sesame Street characters, children will learn about saving, spending, giving, the value of things, and making smart financial choices. The account includes:
- An interactive online banking experience that allows you and your child to set goals for spending, sharing, and saving. Kids can even drag and drop their money into virtual jars. You can track progress with sound effects and animation (yay!)
- A Learning Center to further explore savings concepts through video and audio clips, fun activities, and tips from Sesame Street. The screens can even be personalized with your kiddo's name!
- The option to create a separate login, allowing you and your child to enter the experience directly, without access to your other PNC Bank accounts
- Interest on balances starting at $1.00
- Just $25 minimum balance to open and no service charge for account holders under 18
- An Auto Savings tool that lets you start a routine to help your child achieve their savings goals. Parents can transfer money from their own account using this feature - online allowance!
In the meantime, if you're interested in learning more about PNC Bank's ‘S’ is For Savings Account, visit your local PNC Bank branch, contact their call center, or visit their website at http://pnc.com/SisforSavings
How are you currently teaching your little ones about money and saving?