Hello, Growing Up Geeky readers! My name is Sarah and I have a little blog called Nurse Loves Farmer, I hope you'll come and say hi! I'm a nurse who married a farmer, moved to rural Alberta where we love our country life raising our sweet 2.5 year old boy Braden and I'm expecting baby #2 in early November! I'm honored to be guest posting for Melissa while she's busy getting used to her newborn!
Speaking of newborns, I thought I would share some things that I never new about newborns...before I had one of my own!
- That you should have been doing weight training to prepare for all the lifting and carrying.
- What a beautiful and celebrated thing a burp is.
- Just exactly how much and how fast newborns can accumulate loads of laundry!
- One burp cloth is never enough.
- Having to sacrifice a onesie by way of scissors because there is too much poop on it to pull it over babies head.
- How funny baby farts were.
- How much poop a small baby can hold.
- Speaking of poop, know that a newborn can not only up the back of the diaper, but out the sides, and up the front too!
- That I could survive on so little sleep.
- How I immediately could not imagine life without my newborn.
- Somehow, baby boys figure out how to pee on the back of their heads...and/or in your face!
- That you may not get your teeth brushed until lunchtime...or later.
- That you may cry right along with your little in the middle of the night when nothing will console them.
- What about how everyone always says, "Sleep when the baby sleeps"? Sh'yeah, right! Like there's not a million other things to do!...especially if you have a toddler & other children to take care of.
- That showers would seem like a luxury vacation.
- Most baby socks are made for Oompa Loompas with really fat feet/ankles. A normal baby can kick off a newborn sock in 10 seconds.
- That the cuter the outfit, or the more snaps and buttons on it, has an eerie correlation to the extra amount of pee or explosive poo leaked for the day.
- That going to the grocery store alone becomes an exotic, exciting trip out.
- I never knew was how helpful it is to have people bring you food after you get home from the hospital. We NEVER did that for anyone we knew who had a baby, but you can bet we will now.
- Baby acne can happen, but it WILL go away!
I love that I get to experience these things all over again (well, most of them!) ;) Thanks, Sarah!