Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hold the phone

It can't be more than a month since I last posted, can it?

le sigh.

I've got to stop promising posts that don't happen because life always gets crazier than I think it will. And truth be told, a new {slightly embarrassing} hobby has replaced blogging as of late. You ready for this? Here and here. Nothing makes me feel more relaxed than sitting with a glass of wine putting together these bad boys. Anywho, I digress.

Just a couple days after my last post I was offered a new contract that required a 3 day trip to Texas followed by 7.5 weeks of working PART-TIME FROM HOME. Can you hear the Hallelujah chorus? I didn't even have to interview for it -- it was just mine. I can't get over how lucky I've been in all this.

So after 3 days in Austin pumping 'round the clock because hello boobs where did you come from? and learning an entirely new build/change control philosophy -- er, sorry, job stuff -- I was feeling a little overwhelmed. Maybe, just maybe I enjoyed the little bit of autonomy the trip afforded me but in all, with a new job, new Nanny, sad sad separation anxiety on Aurelia's part, and still trying to unpack from the move, I *might* be wishing I still had some anxiety meds stashed away in our medicine cabinet.

Oh well, I've managed. I've been at it for almost 3 weeks now and it's going well. I truly love the work I do and the fact that I can do it while sitting in yoga pants and stuffing my face with Girl Scout cookies (SAMOAS! YES!) while a kitty sits in my lap and purrs? It's awesome.

The new Nanny loves arts and crafts and Carina is having a ball making letters and princess crowns and painting with watercolors. And did I mention the Nanny brought Campbell's Soup in Disney Princess shapes for lunch for the girls on day #2 of working for us? Carina was so excited to see {I think what was supposed to be} Cinderella in her soup.

The downside has been Aurelia's sadness every time I go upstairs. Since her monitor is in our room (where my office is) and we leave it on all the time (or else we hear a neighbor's baby SO WEIRD) I periodically hear her crying, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" over and over again and I die a little inside. She's been wanting to nurse more than our recent 3 times a day and demands to sit on my lap and snuggle at all times.

Only 5 weeks to go. After that? Who knows.

Anyone work at home? How does it work logistically?

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...