Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Intervention no longer needed: a change of plans

When Mike began his Post-Doctoral fellowship at Yale in December of 2011, the plan was to stay here in Connecticut until December of this year or Summer of 2014. After a long chat with his boss, they've decided he will stay on longer than originally anticipated, likely until the Summer of 2015.

What does this mean for us? Well, I mentioned recently that we had planned on waiting until Mike is finished here to grow our family. But Summer 2015 is over 2 years away, and I've already put going back to school on hold for 6 years...so the longer we wait to complete our family, the further away I am from being able to pursue my career. I'm feeling so much better (re: my anxiety) and? Well, I've got the fever. So we're going to let what happens happen.

Since Mike will be getting another raise at the end of the year, and we got a much-larger-than-anticipated tax refund (and adjusted his withholding accordingly), we're in an okay place financially. The only thing that could be problematic is space; we're still in a 2 bedroom apartment. We considered the possibility of moving to a larger place, but it just doesn't make sense right now. Worst case (like, if I got pregnant today...which isn't happening) we would have three little ones in one bedroom for a year. Not the end of the world, right? I'm sure we could figure it out somehow. If I'm going crazy 2 years from now because we have 3 kids in 1 room and it's hell - I give you my permission to remind me of this post.

Friends, the only cure to this fever is MOAR BABIES.

And yes, we might be crazy.

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...