So what does this have to do with raising a little girl and the fact that so many folks assume that us guys want more little guys? The truth is, and I owe my sis a lot for this, going into Mama G’s pregnancy I didn’t really, and do not (for any of our future little ones) have a preference – I’ll love them tons as we get them, even if they’ve got three legs and a hunchback.
That being said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that we have a cute little girl. So here goes – a list of ten things that make me love you, Peanut.
1) All during Mama G’s pregnancy, we talked about how we’d know we were parents and what we looked forward to the most. I wanted a little one to curl up on my chest, snuggle up, and fall asleep. After you had bonding time with Mama G right after your birth, you curled up on my chest, grabbed a handful of chest hair, and fell asleep. I cried with joy and tear up thinking about it.
2) The way you can look right to my core with those big brown eyes I gave you.
3) Your hysterical laughter whenever I a) get up close and goofy with you in your jumparoo b) blow a raspberry on your tummy c) gobble a ‘tasty baby’ as the hungry Daddymonster.
4) The way you exercise that little voice all the time, especially when you and your Mama G are cuddled up together on the couch. I love listening to a mother-daughter talk – listen up and take in as much as you can from your Mama – she’s the most beautiful person, inside and out, that you will ever know.
5) How when I dressed up in my Phillies shirt and put you in a matching onesie, our Phils beat Mommy’s Red Sox 5-0. I didn’t do it for the next game and the Phils lost – you are good juju. Please forgive the sports outfits and embarrassing pictures that I will show your boyfriends when you are a teenager.
6) The huge smile I get when I come home from work – it almost makes me cry every day (your Daddy is a sap).
7) How you just seem to love EVERYONE. So many little ones cry or fuss with new people, but you only do that if they DON’T pick you up. Don’t ever lose that love of people around you, you’ll make the world a better place.
8) How you explore people’s faces with those chubby little hands, and no one seems to
know care how gross they are.
9) Your happy dance when you see me or Mama G early right when you wake up in the morning – everyone should happy dance when they see someone they love.
10) I love how much I am going to get to see and learn and love now that you are in our lives – you and your Mommy make the future bright without me knowing anything other than that the two of you will be in it.
Well Ladies, that’s all from me. I’m a goofy sap who has two beautiful women that keep him going every day and I’ll never stop being amazed at how lucky I am for it. I hope all of you have a wonderful week and keep up the great work as Moms – I know from what I have seen that it’s a Hero’s calling.