You're 20 Months now, and I just realized I never posted an 18 Month update. So here's your 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 Month update...all in one :shakes head at self::
You are running around and climbing on everything these days. Your new favorite venture is to climb up on top of your tiny table and dance around like a penguin (think Happy Feet). I vow to get this on video soon. It's seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen.
Your eating is getting a little better since I weaned you at the beginning of July, but we've yet to see any real progress on the scale yet. Fingers crossed you'll pack on some pounds soon.
You are expanding your vocabulary daily! You're up to about 150 words, my favorite being "busted!" That's what Daddy says when you are doing something you aren't supposed to...and then you repeat it. You can put together very small sentences and few word phrases like "where did Daddy go?" "I got my binky" and "all gone turds" (when I change your diaper - this one cracks me up). Your favorite word is "shark". You have been quite taken with all of the Discovery Channel's Shark Week programming. Thank goodness for On Demand.
You can identify all of the letters of the alphabet, and are currently working on counting to 3 and colors. Whenever I start singing the ABC song you smile and try to since along. You can't really make it past "C" at this point, though. Yellow seems to be your favorite color, or maybe you just like saying the word "yellow".
I left you overnight for the first time, and it went surprisingly well. You had lots of fun with Daddy, and Mimi & Pepere. Mommy was even able to hold it together for the whole three days!
- Your binky and monkey. You don't want to give either of them up...EVER. We tried to wean you off of the binky but it didn't go so well...
- Food: black beans, peaches, blueberries, chocolate milk, cookies, yogurt-covered raisins, and DONUTS! You recognize the Dunkin Donuts logo from afar & even on coupons that come in the mail - I don't know whether to be proud of this fact, or embarrassed!
- Riding in the backpack carrier with Daddy and going outside in general
- Playing with your Calico Critters dollhouse and toys. Digging these out of the closet was one of the smartest things I've done in a long time.
- Watching Super Why, Tangled, and Happy Feet. I'm hoping to catch your penguin dance on camera one of these days.
- Spending time with family. You recognize your Grandparents, aunts/uncles, and cousins from their photos and ask to see them all the time.
- Brushing your teeth! You used to LOVE it, now when I try to get the toothbrush in your mouth it sounds as if you are being tortured :(
- Getting anything taken away from you, like the cat's tail that you are trying to pull, your binky when it's time to eat, Daddy's keys or wallet, etc.
- Being put in your highchair. Every now and then you're fine, but most of the time you go rigid and scream bloody murder when it's mealtime.
Height & Weight: At your last appointment on June 29th (at 18 Months) you were 19 lbs. 12 oz. and 31.5 inches. According to our growth chart you've grown a little since then, and our scale says you are 21.5 lbs. That would be AMAZING. I almost don't want to get my hopes up...we have a follow up with the Pediatric Nephrologist on September 10th. Still size 4 disposable diapers (just for overnight) and the middle setting on your One-Size cloth diapers. Your feet have grown! You are now almost outgrowing your size 4s. Most of your clothes are size 18 and 24 Months, although you have a few random 2T things that fit well.